SS.8.A.4.9 Describe the influence of individuals on social and political developments of this era in American History.
SS.8.A.4.8 Describe the influence of individuals on social and political developments of this era in American History.
SS.8.A.5.2 Analyze the role of slavery in the development of sectional conflict.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
Essential question: How does society change?
- I can describe how industrialization impacted the north and people in it
- I can compare and contrast rural and country life in the north
- I can compare and contrast the cause, course and effects of the reform movements of the 1800’s
Age of Reform – Notes
- Make a pamphlet that discusses/tries to convince people to join one of the reform movements (or other “fix society in this way” movement) in the antebellum North.
- At least 2 vocab words (2 pts)
- What is the problem in society that you want to fix? What is so bad about it? (4 pts)
- How will your movement fix the problem? (4 pts)
- Explain how, not just “we will stop it” – How?
Finish Reform Packet/Missing Work
Write a quiz! – Test Prep
Antebellum Study Guide
Antebellum Period Test