Standards Addressed in Lesson:
· See attachment for reading lessons covered
· SS.5.A.5.1 – Identify and explain significant events leading up to the American Revolution.
· SS.5.A.5.2 – Identify significant individuals and groups who played a role in the American Revolution.
· SS.5.A.5.3 – Explain the significance of historical documents including key political concepts, origins of these concepts, and their role in American independence.
· SS.5.A.5.4 – Examine and explain the changing roles and impact of significant women during the American Revolution.
· SS.5.A.5.5 – Examine and compare major battles and military campaigns of the American Revolution.
· SS.5.A.5.6 – Identify the contributions of foreign alliances and individuals to the outcome of the Revolution.
· SS.5.A.5.7 – Explain economic, military, and political factors which led to the end of the Revolutionary War.
· SS.5.A.5.8 – Evaluate the personal and political hardships resulting from the American Revolution.
· SS.5.A.5.9 – Discuss the impact and significance of land policies developed under the Confederation Congress (Northwest Ordinance of 1787).
· SS.5.A.5.10 – Examine the significance of the Constitution including its key political concepts, origins of those concepts, and their role in American democracy.