|10-18 (2nd 9 Weeks)
|Unit of Instruction
|Applying Performance Fundamentals
Does the Student….
|MU.68.C.1.1 – Develop strategies for listening to unfamiliar works
|MU.68.C.2.1 – Critique personal performance, experiment with a variety of solutions, and make appropriate adjustments with guidance from teachers and peers
|MU.68.C.2.2 – Critique using correct music vocabulary, changes in one’s own or others’ musical performance resulting from practice
|MU.68.S.3.2 – Demonstrate proper instrumental technique
MU.68.S.3.4 – Compare written notation to aural examples and analyze for accuracy of rhythm and pitch.
MU.68.H.3.1 – Identify connections among music and other content areas and/or contexts through interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Perform Concert F and Bb Scales and Arpeggios with various articulations and rhythmic patterns.
- Perform selected exercises at sight
- Perform music and/or exercises in 3/4 and 2/4 time
- Understand and perform ties and slurs
- Demonstrate knowledge of key signatures
- Demonstrate function of sharps, flats, and naturals
- Perform Music/Exercises that incorporate crescendo, decrescendo, and appropriate symbols.
- Percussion students demonstrate ability to perform flam, flam-tap, and paradiddle
- Perform Winter Concert Music
Beginning Band Rehearsal – After School rehearsal for Winter Concert Music – Wednesday, December 12th – From 2:30 to 3:30 PM in the Band Room. Attending rehearsal is a summative assignment. If your student cannot attend, please contact me immediately!
Winter Concert – Tuesday, December 18th at 6:30 PM. Call-Time for performers is at 6:00. The concert counts as a summative grade. Attendance is Mandatory!
Dress for the Concert: Burgundy Ivy Hawn Polo Shirt/Burgundy Ivy Hawn Shirt, Black Pants, black socks, black shoes. If you need help acquiring these, please let me know.
Admission to the concert is FREE! There are no limits for guests, so bring friends and family and support your students! They have grown so very far in just a few months!