Welcome to the 4th Quarter! I know that this is a little unorthodox, but we will continue to work on performance and instrument fundamentals. It is important to work on our music and scales. I will continue to post new little exercises to play, as well as a fun musical challenges.
ALL ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON CANVAS. PLEASE LOG INTO YOUR CANVAS TO FIND ASSIGNMENTS.
On Tuesdays at 3:00, we will have “class” on Zoom. I will send out the link for you to join via email and remind. It is a free web service, so no need to sign up, but I will be sending out the invitation code for the meeting 15 minutes before class. Have your instruments handy, because I will ask for volunteers to demonstrate/show off what you have worked on over the break/week.
If you would like to have a small private lesson to get tips, feedback, or help on anything, please let me know, and I will schedule you in. I cannot do from 11-12 on Tuesday or Thursday, and 3:00-4:00 on Monday (Class time) Wednesday (Jazz) and Friday (Symphonic). Give me the best time for you in order for you to get the help you need.
|Unit of Instruction
|Applying Musical and Ensemble Concepts
Does the Student…
- Demonstrate knowledge of and perform major scales and arpeggios?
- Demonstrate knowledge of the chromatic scale?
- Demonstrate increased proficiency in music reading
- Perform music with expressive elements?
- Demonstrate refinement of tone quality?
- Respond appropriately to the gestures of the conductor?
- Critical Thinking and Reflection
- Skills, Techniques and Processes
- Organizational Structure
- Innovation, technology, and the Future
- Perform Concert G,C,F, Bb, Eb, Ab, Db major scales and arpeggios
- Perform a chromatic scale one octave
- Demonstrate concert F Scale 2 Octaves
- Demonstrate knowledge of sixteenth note patterns
- Perform the Level 1 Premier Rhythms
- Perform music with multiple parts and harmonies
- Perform selected exercises
Below are links to music that we had passed out in class. I will email/remind updates for new music, as well as other resources that can be found here!
P.S. Make sure you select YOUR INSTRUMENTS page if printing out new copies of music. You do not want to print out all of the parts! So be careful!
In this section, I am going to post play along tracks/recordings. Try your best to keep up with the scale ones! Send recordings 🙂
Concert Bb Scale – Listen for the tap-off (like how Mr. Halpin counts off) and play along with the scale. It will get faster!
Concert F Scale
Concert Ab Scale
Concert Eb Scale
Concert G Scale
Concert C Scale
Concert Db Scale